RE: LilyPond featured in Demo videos.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: RE: LilyPond featured in Demo videos.
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 15:26:06 +0100

On Wed, 2013-04-03 at 12:31 -0600, Eduardo Silva wrote:

> > Subject: LilyPond featured in Demo videos.
> > From: address@hidden
> > To: address@hidden
> > Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 17:00:56 +0000
> >
> > Dear LilyPond,
> >
> > LilyPond features in a demo video that I have posted at
> > https://vimeo.com/62188678 to publicise the new version 1.0.0 of
> > Denemo, just released. It points out the quality of LilyPond's
> > typesetting without manual tweaking. It also shows LilyPond
> adjusting
> > the layout of the music after transposition without any further user
> > intervention (though this example was not chosen to illustrate this
> > point, and another example with dynamics, tempo changes etc would do
> > that better).
> Thank you, Richard. These examples are making me consider Denemo for
> note entry.
> I had never taken the time to see what it could really offer. I'm glad
> it's not a dead project as it appeared to be in the past.

Well, for note entry, especially note entry as a musical activity rather
than tedious data entry activity, I don't think Denemo can be beaten.
What I think it could also offer for LilyPond users is a way of filing
away the tweaks that are needed for more complex scores, so that they
only need to be brought back with a mouse-click and then edited as to
values for the particular case in hand. I had occasion to do this just
now - fishing out the footnote command from Denemo and tweaking the
default values for the offset of the footnote mark. The thing is, I
would not have remembered the syntax for this tweak, but it was quite
obvious what to do with it given the default example.
Feedback to help steer Denemo in useful direction is always welcome -
thank you.

Richard