Re: Extraneous accidental after barline in cadenza

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Extraneous accidental after barline in cadenza
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 15:22:58 +0100

> Hi James,
>
> as far as I can see you are still _in_ cadenza with the last note, i.e.
> in _unmetered_ music.
> Inserting manual \bar "|" doesn't change this and opens _no_ new section
> of unmetered music.
> Therefore LilyPond's use of the natural is logical.
>
> To get rid of the natural you may want to use:
> \once \override Accidental #'stencil = ##f
> or
> \once \override Accidental #'transparent = ##t

which only helps for the first note in this measure (as it is in this
case). Is there no way to start a new measure also in terms of
accidentals (some kind of reset accidental status)?
I like your suggestion
  \once \accidentalStyle forget
more, because it does what I would expect in a new measure: forget the
previous accidentals, perhaps even without \once and then after 1 measure
  \accidentalStyle modern
(or what ever was there before).

Cheers,
Joram