Re: Repeated accidental after tie across line break

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Repeated accidental after tie across line break
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 16:59:43 -0400

Hi Joram,

> 1.) There should be a switch to choose whether tied altered notes have
> accidentals after a line break.

There already is one.

The thing not yet in Lilypond (AFAIK) that would be helpful is a switch to
choose whether accidentals which do appear are cautionary or regular. Perhaps
if the existing switch was simply changed from a boolean [which it is
currently] to a #'style [e.g., none, regular, cautionary], we wouldn't need a
second property?

> 2.) Additional notes with the same pitch in this first bar after the
> break should have accidentals according to the accidental style (i.e. no
> repeated accidental in the default style).

Yes.

> and perhaps not (yet) consensus, but my suggestion:
> 3.) The "classical" style (with the accidental in question) should be
> default for 1.) as LP mostly sticks to classical conventions for the
> default of many options.

+1

Kieren.