Repeated accidental after tie across line break

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Repeated accidental after tie across line break
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 11:46:16 +0000

Dear LilyPonders,
When a tied note with accidental ties across a line boundary the
accidental is repeated in the next bar. If there is a further note with
the same accidental, the accidental is repeated, which looks very odd,
as the accidental has already been printed in that bar.
This snippet illustrates this

\version "2.16"
\score {
  \new Staff {
         ees'4 ees'8 ees'4 ees' ees'8 ~
         ees' ees'4 ees' ees' ees'8 ~
         ees' ees'4 ees' ees' ees'8 ~
         ees' ees'4 ees' ees' ees'8 ~
%5
         ees' ees'4 ees' ees' ees'8 ~
         ees' ees'4 ees' ees' ees'8 ~
         ees' ees'4 ees' ees' ees'8 ~
         ees' ees'4 ees' ees' ees'8

Is this a bug? And more immediately, how can I omit the printing of the
accidental - I have been digging through the manual without success ...

Richard Shann