Re: musicxml2ly formatting

From: pls
Subject: Re: musicxml2ly formatting
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 21:07:50 +0100

Martin,

IINM Julien Lerouge and me are the only ones who currently work on musicxml2ly.   We publish our results on https://github.com/Philomelos/lilypond-musicxml2ly-dev.  Feel free to use it and help to improve it!  Some of our latest improvements:
  • recognition of <credit>-Elements (title, composer, poet…)
  • new command line options, such as --no-system-breaks; --no-page-breaks; --no-page-margins; --no-stem-directions
  • automatic indentation of long instrument names
  • automatic update of the LilyPond-Code with convert-ly (after the conversion)
  • quite a few tiny xml examples

You are right, the resulting LilyPond files are not optimized.  To be honest: this is not at all on our priority list.  There are scores of more important bugs to kill.  But again we wouldn't mind some help!

Your plans to test a large collection of xml scores sounds very interesting!  We use musicxml2ly on http:/philomelos.net to render xml files (Public Domain and CC-licenses).  Feel free to contact me if you are interested in an invitation to the beta version of the platform.

hth
patrick