Re: changing the default midi instrument "permanently"

From: Robert Schmaus
Subject: Re: changing the default midi instrument "permanently"
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 22:33:59 +0100

Hi Eluze,

It worked, when I replaced "GrandStaff" with "Staff", i.e.

\layout {
  \context {
    \Staff
     midiInstrument = "acoustic guitar (nylon)"

Possibly, a GrandStaff doesn't have instrument properties ...

You could also outsorce that piece of code into a "general layout file" containing some of your preferences, and include that into every piece you write ...

But I'm sure there are more fancy things one could do with midi.scm ...

Best, Robert

       midiInstrument="acoustic guitar (nylon)"