Horn Solos Project

From: Jay Anderson
Subject: Horn Solos Project
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 21:34:33 -0700

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1206816328/horn-solos

This is a project I've worked on for a while. I've got a pretty good
response from the horn community. (I mentioned this on the Google+
lilypond group, but I figured I'd mention it here as well).

I do plan on opening up the source after I deliver to all the backers.
As far as lilypond is concerned probably the most interesting thing
I'm doing is allowing scores to be created with this: \makePart #3
"horn" "Horn in F". This assumes a certain file/directory structure
and creates the horn part for a 3 movement piece. (So all of the
usability work with '#{...#}' that David has done for the last few
versions is extremely useful.) Other large projects do similar things
as well (orchestrallily comes to mind). I think once any lilypond
project gets big enough something like this is necessary.

Thanks.

-----Jay