Re: Repeating stanza numbers

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Repeating stanza numbers
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 13:59:48 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Laura Conrad" <address@hidden>

If someone who understands this better than I do agrees with me that
this is a bug, I'll be happy to write up a real bug report, especially
if you tell me what feature of lilypond to report the bug against.  I've
put a lot of effort into writing up bugs recently (both here and on
emacs24) that got categorized as "not a bug" when the real category is
"too hard to fix".  I assume there's a reason why stz went away, and
maybe it's because what stanza does with stanza numbers is really hard
to do on the second system.  Although I don't see why it should be.

There is absolutely no way that a bug or enhancement request in LilyPond should be rejected as "too hard to do". It should always be accepted. It may not be implemented, but it will remain in the issues list. An enhancement request for stanza numbers at line breaks seems perfectly reasonable.

--
Phil Holmes