Re: Ottava bracket

From: Robert Schmaus
Subject: Re: Ottava bracket
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 15:37:33 +0100

Just a thought:
You can have a Staff (or Voice) accept ChordNames. If you managed to do
something like this

\new Staff <<
  \new Voice \chords
  \new Voice \melody

where the melody voice is (a copy of) the voice containing the ottavas,
and then make all staff symbols and the melody voice transparent, you
might be there. However, let me also be the first to point out that this
solution would be (a) extremely ugly and (b) completely un-LilyPondish.