Re: A little ancient notation trouble

From: Marek Klein
Subject: Re: A little ancient notation trouble
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 06:44:37 +0100

Hello,

2013/3/5 Shane Brandes <address@hidden>
   I am working on typesetting some very old hymns that were set in
mensural notation. The trouble is that when trying to replicate the
equal spacing (basically like letters out of a typewriter one right
after the next) one can set the score timing off, but then the systems
trails of the edge of the page.  So I am left with the option of using
length multipliers to cheat the length. e.g. c\longa*1/8 etc. Does
anyone know an easier way?

I had  the same problem a while ago and here is the solution:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2010-08/msg00301.html

HTH
Marek Klein
http://gregoriana.sk