Re: final score

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: final score
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 12:13:36 -0500

On Mar 4, 2013, at 10:28 AM, Francisco Vila <address@hidden> wrote:

> What I really meant is that a monolithic, windows-style installer for
> Frescoaldi on MacOs is more important than one for GNU/Linux because
> GNU/Linux users are more likely to be able to face the rather
> challenging compiling/installing process of Frescobaldi.
>
> Important for Frescobaldi and indirectly also for LilyPond, IMO,
> because I find Frescobaldi very user friendly and thus it lowers the
> entry threshold to LilyPond.

+1 from someone who recently went through his first
command-line-build-dependencies-from-source ordeal to get Frescobaldi running
on a mac.  It was no picnic, with lots of gotchas.  I think most would not have
the patience for it, since they are used to simple installations.  That's too
bad because Frescobaldi is wonderful and really improves the experience of
working with LilyPond.

Also, would it be worth adding line numbers to the default binary LilyPad apps?
 That by itself would go a long way by making it easy to find errors.

-Paul