Re: Hushing up Sibelius news?

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Hushing up Sibelius news?
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 15:16:22 +0100

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 6:51 PM, address@hidden
<address@hidden> wrote:
> This is a great idea.  What'd I'd recommend is doing a "natural" version and
> a version with lots of tweaks.
> If you define all the tweaks in a separate file, then all you need to do is
> sub that file with one that has empty definitions.
> This will help developers know how far LilyPond is from automating certain
> decisions.

That's not a bad idea (saving tweaks separately), but what about
fousing on clearly separating commits that introduce tweaks?  I.e.
enter all music first (to avoid conflicts later on), and then add
corrections; by filtering out particular commits it would be easy to
get a view of the piece at various stages of "beautification". For
example, take a look at
https://github.com/janek-warchol/eja-mater-demonstration .

best,
Janek