Chinese punctuation in Lyric mode

From: Silas S . Brown
Subject: Chinese punctuation in Lyric mode
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 10:39:25 +0000 (UTC)

Hi, I'm trying to typeset a song with Chinese lyrics in
Lilypond 2.15.40-1 and I've ran into an issue with the
horizontal alignment of Chinese punctuation.  While
Chinese stops (U+3002 "。") and full-width commas (U+FF0C
",") are correctly offset from the centred syllables,
the Chinese "dunhao" is not.  Dunhao is a special kind of
comma that is used to separate items in a list in
Chinese; it is U+3001 "、" and it would be nice if it
could exhibit the same behaviour as other commas.  I've
"kludged" it for now by adding \override LyricText
#'self-alignment-X = #LEFT at the start of each lyricsto
block, but that's not ideal as it then needs further
"kludges" for left-hanging punctuation (opening
quotations etc); is there a way to fix it properly?
Thanks.