Re: 19th-cent. accidental notation

From: Luca Rossetto Casel
Subject: Re: 19th-cent. accidental notation
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 13:02:44 +0100

Il 20/02/2013 10:33, Urs Liska ha scritto:
Yes, but it really isn't possible to make it perfect in the sense that it suits every possible use case.

Dear Urs, please forgive me for replying so late - I spent the last days in bed with a severe flu. I agree with all you wrote: making an edition is always a compromise, I think we have to choose _what_ to show, _what_ to put in evidence from case to case.

THe approach you describe here is the one I personally chose for my edition. By the way, I also managed - I think - to print smaller, but distinguable, scripts quite well! I slightly increased their distance from the noteheads to give the scripts a clearly, more visible appearence; I also adopted a quite large spacing to make all as clear as possible, even with a quite small font.
Would you mind sending me a screenshot of an example?

Sure! I attached a page from my score - I hope this will not disturb anyone on the list.
[...] Providing the edition in a digital format, as an interactive pdf (or other), it would be possible display the variants of all the adopted sources on our score, making every change visible.
[...]
There actually _are_ such ideas and attempts.
At least the Reger Edition has already started publishing digital editions. And there is more research going on.

I'm happy to read this. I was aware of the Mozart edition on line, but not of the Reger. It would be great if they adopt an 'interactive' approach...

I find it interesting to have such topics also discussed here, as it's definitely suitable for a 'lilypond-user' :-)

Yes! :-)

Luca

--
Caselle da 1GB, trasmetti allegati fino a 3GB e in piu' IMAP, POP3 e SMTP
autenticato? GRATIS solo con Email.it http://www.email.it/f

Sponsor:
Stampa le tue FOTO SU TELA! Su MisterCupido.com puoi creare Quadri
Personalizzati a partire da soli euro 18.90 - Consegne in tutta Italia in soli
2-3 giorni
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=12388&d=3-3