Re: Advocating non-free softwares

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Advocating non-free softwares
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 02:15:04 +0100

> David,
>
>> Then it would seem that many of us have forgotten
>> what brought LilyPond to them in the first place.
>
> No — some of us just have a sense of balance and tolerance.

Sounds to me like the "fair is foul and foul is fair" idea of balance
and tolerance pervading today's educational systems.

"tolerant" is not the same as "stanceless".  As a GNU project, LilyPond
has a stance.  Forbidding people to discuss what that means and implies
with regard to our web presence it is actually neither balanced nor
tolerant, and when this imbalance and intolerance is tilted against the
GNU project and its goals and guidelines, it is not even serving a
discernible purpose.

--
David Kastrup