Re: Hushing up Sibelius news?

From: linux
Subject: Re: Hushing up Sibelius news?
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 10:45:25 +0100

I agree, too. I do have Sibelius on some computer, but I never use it for
notation. For writing down music, it's just too dedious: I write it down on
paper. And for typesetting: lilypond is just superior. So Sibelius ends up
being used as an overkill midi editor/sequencer. After all I payed quite some
money on it. ;-)

However, my workflow typesetting music with lilypond leaves a lot of room for
improvements. (For any other possible programs, there aren't any workflows).

I wonder whether anybody has got experience with this thing:

http://www.arpegemusic.com/mtk.htm

I was quite impressed with it on last year's Musikmesse in Frankfurt. However
it comes with a proprietary software which, again, is inferior to lilypond.

Using xev (x keycode monitoring), it might be possible to write some program
which makes this keyboard emit lilypond code.

Gabriel