Re: can error messages output the measure number being processed?

From: James
Subject: Re: can error messages output the measure number being processed?
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 20:46:06 +0000

Keiren,

On 24 February 2013 19:01, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello all,

I'm working on a medium-sized score (chamber opera). I'm currently getting the following output:

Drawing systems.../Applications/Lilypond/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/scm/bar-line.scm:926:28: In procedure ly:grob-array-length in _expression_ (ly:grob-array-length bar-array):
/Applications/Lilypond/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/scm/bar-line.scm:926:28: Wrong type argument in position 1 (expecting Grob_array): ()

1. I know the problem is in my own code (not bar-line.scm).
2. I even know with near certainty which of the 10 movements is causing the problem.
3. But it will still take a great deal of time to hunt down this problem in my code.
4. Lily-code debug time would be significantly decreased if errors outputted the measure number(s) being processed at the time the error occurred.

Is anything like this possible?
If so, how difficult is it to add this kind of logging to the codebase?

does using '--loglevel=DEBUG'

get you anything more useful?

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/usage-big-page#command_002dline-usage

James