Re: Disable beaming for single note

From: Nathan
Subject: Re: Disable beaming for single note
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 22:37:53 -0800

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 8:25 PM, Nick Payne <address@hidden> wrote:
I had a couple of instances where I wanted two eighth notes not to be beamed. As a quick attempt to avoid having to use \autoBeamOff and \autoBeamOn for a couple of notes, I tried putting an empty pair of brackets after the first eighth note. This stopped the notes being beamed, but it also turned the first stem into a T. I have no idea whether this is considered an error on my part or a problem with Lilypond. The console log didn't indicate any error in the input:

\version "2.17.12"

\relative c' {
  c8[] c

I don't know whether that's a feature or a bug.

Have you tried \noBeam?

Regards,
Nathan