Re: FreedomSponsors

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: FreedomSponsors
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 21:45:26 +0100

SoundsFromSound <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm a little familiar with Issue 34 I think (is it the grace note
> one?) - but, why would funding not help this issue?  I'm not much of a
> programmer, though I do know a bit of SCHEME, so I'm curious about why
> funding won't be able to save Issue 34. Is it just not technologically
> possible to fix, no matter how much money is thrown at the devs?

It is complex enough that any reasonable amount of money would have to
be thrown at one of a rather small set of developers, and those don't
really have time to offer in exchange for money.

Of course, if you fund a set of six non-LilyPond specific programmers to
stay in the same office for a month on issue 34, it will with some
probability make progress, but that's not to be had for a "reasonable
amount".

--
David Kastrup