Re: Horns example from blog

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Horns example from blog
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 11:33:45 +0100

Am 22.02.2013 04:41, schrieb Jim Long:
> 1) label a staffgroup with a centered instrument name, instead of
> only being able to label each separate staff of the group;
>
> 2) splitting out separate instrument parts whilst also being able
> to flexibly combine parts on the conductor's score.

That are indeed nice LilyPond features. Before showing such a score, I
would, however, do some small changes:
- The labels should fit on the page (inside the margins -> indentation).
- The labels are too close to the staff lines.
  [this could perhaps be done by default?]
- The tagline is a bit close to the scores in my opinion.
  [it is sometimes useful to save vertical space, but here it is not
  necessary]

What I wanted to say: When showing a LilyPond score in order to convince
somebody, it should be a really good example (proof-read by others, if
possible). This is particularly true for professionals like in this case.

Cheers,
Joram