Re: Horns example from blog

From: Jim Long
Subject: Re: Horns example from blog
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 02:18:53 -0800

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 09:41:01AM +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
> Jim Long <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I will say that the merging of noteheads onto stems is probably
> > the weak spot in my knowledge.
>
> [...]
>
> > The piece also generates several warnings about clashing note
> > columns.
>
> Small wonder:
>
> >         \new Voice { \voiceOne \hornA }
> >         \new Voice { \voiceOne \hornB }
>
> Both with \voiceOne but in separate voices?

I didn't mean to imply that it shouldn't generate those warnings,
just acknowledging that the warning serve to indicate that this
probably isn't "snippet-quality" code.

I was trying to reproduce the example .png given in the blog,
accessible at http://felixrosch.com/example.png.

That example shows two grouped staves, each with two horn parts
written on the same stem, as though they were a chord.  I didn't
know how else to merge the noteheads from two different voices
onto a single stem.  See opening disclosure.  I'll try chasing
down some of Xavier's clues.