Re: Fwd: Problems with download.linuxaudio.org?

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: Fwd: Problems with download.linuxaudio.org?
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 13:39:04 +0000 (UTC)

David Kastrup <dak <at> gnu.org> writes:

> First make, then make install.

Quite right -- "make install" did actually compile some of it, though, so I
thought it was OK. I'll remember that for next time.

"make" on its own did complete successfully, thanks.

> > 6. ../configure --prefix=$HOME/share/lilypond/myinstall
>
> You are missing "make" here, and while I have not checked, I'd be
> somewhat surprised if the --prefix option worked reliably: I don't think
> people test it much.

The prefix seems promising so far, but I'll be alert for problems.

Thanks!
hjh

$ cd ../myinstall/bin
$ ls
abc2ly      etf2ly    lilypond       lilypond-invoke-editor  midi2ly
convert-ly  lilymidi  lilypond-book  lilysong                musicxml2ly

$ ./lilypond --version
GNU LilyPond 2.16.1

Copyright (c) 1996--2012 by
  Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden>
  Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden>
  and others.

This program is free software.  It is covered by the GNU General Public
License and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it
under certain conditions.  Invoke as `lilypond --warranty' for more
information.