Re: Point and click in music-function

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Point and click in music-function
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 16:57:44 +0100

Helge Kruse <address@hidden> writes:

> 2013/2/6 David Kastrup <address@hidden>
>

>     That's rather a lack of copy&paste skills. You can't add or remove
>     parentheses in Scheme without changing the meaning.
>
> Nope. I was able to copy your excerpt just fine.

The Scheme interpreter and I disagree.  For starters, you removed the
opening paren of the function call.

>     > It would be nice to get the exact position of the note in the
>     > source.
>

>     But there is no such thing as a "note" in the source. There is
>     just a
>     _pitch_. The _note_ is only assembled inside of the #{...#}.
> Yep. That's may be the cause that the click points to the body of the
> music-function.
>
> For my humble understanding:
>> But there is no such thing as a "note" in the source.
> This is meant for the text that becomes parameters of my
> music-function tr or is that meant in general?
> I don't see the difference between an "a b c" in normal source and
> "$p1 $p2 $p3" in a music-function like my example.

a b c in normal source is shorthand for something like a8 b8 c8.  In
the music function, the pitches are all that is there.  They are not
shorthand for notes.

> BTW: Probably is my attempt with a music-function not the best way.

No idea, but it should be good enough.  If you actually want to take
notes as arguments (possibly including durations and articulations and
other stuff), just declare your arguments as ly:music? instead of
ly:pitch?.

--
David Kastrup