Re: add9 chords

From: bart deruyter
Subject: Re: add9 chords
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 22:57:12 +0100

@Noeck: thanks for the help, was just working on that solution. Indeed, that seems to be the way to go.
It's sad thought that 'add' is not accepted by \storepredifineddiagram in a chord name.
It would have made things quite a bit easier for a chord that is, in my opinion, used quite often.
I'll put this on the 'wishlist' for lilypond :-).

Grtz,

Bart

http://www.bartart3d.be/
On facebook
On Twitter
On Identi.ca
On Google+

2013/2/6 Noeck <address@hidden>

Am 06.02.2013 22:24, schrieb bart deruyter:
> lol, indeed, 2.17.6... so the search continues...
>
> I was hoping to get it by trying out c:2 for diagram, and splitting
> chordnames and and chord diagrams, and using "  \set
> additionalPitchPrefix = #"add"",
> but c:2 renders a Csus2 diagram.. bummer.... getting quite completely
> stuck here...

If I understand you right, the code below should be a solution.
The valid chord in chordmode is either c:5.9 or c:9^7 and you can't
change that. But you can change how it is printed as chord name and you
can define your fret diagram. Both is shown below.

Btw, my last mail already showed that a Cadd9 (c5.9) has a different
fret diagram than a C9 (c:9) chord.

HTH,
Joram

\version "2.16.0"

\addChordShape #'c:5.9 #guitar-tuning #"x;3-3;2-2;o;3-4;o;"
\storePredefinedDiagram #default-fret-table \chordmode {c:5.9}
#guitar-tuning
#(chord-shape 'c:5.9 guitar-tuning)

cd = \chordmode {
  \set additionalPitchPrefix = #"add"