Re: Fingerings and chords (v2.16.2)

From: Olivier Biot
Subject: Re: Fingerings and chords (v2.16.2)
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 17:11:48 +0100

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 4:07 PM, Phil Holmes <address@hidden> wrote:
This has been changed quite a bit in the developmentĀ  version. Could you try with latest 2.17 and see whether you still have problems?

I just installed 2.17.11 on another computer (apparently it doesn't like to be installed next to 2.16.2 and does not seem to work yet with Frescobaldi) and I see that several problems I posted have disappeared. The fixes in 2.17.11 are a HUGE improvement!!!

I ran convert-ly on my source to upgrade the snippet to 2.17.11.

However,

1. Measures 3 & 7: accidentals and fingerings above / below the fingering sometimes overlap - not a lot but some could find this objectionable. I can live with the way it is rendered now.
2. Mesure 7 (up-left-down) still has two fingerings assigned to the same notehead.

It looks like I can remove a number of fingering positioning tweaks I had in my code, given the substantially improved "out of the box" fingering rendering.

Best regards,

Olivier