Re: change barline type with time signature change

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: change barline type with time signature change
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 17:55:56 +0100

> That's what I'm hoping for: an automated solution.
> I will be following up on David N's suggestion, to see if I can modify his
> engraver to accomplish what I need.
>
> Thanks!
> Kieren.

It is still not fully compatible with an unchanged \time command, but
perhaps it helps nonetheless. The only required change is this:
\time must be replaced by \customtime
Once that is done in the music, it depends only on the \layout block
whether you have dashed or solid barlines and before a time signature
change, you always have a solid one.

\version "2.17.9"

\layout {
  \override Score.BarLine #'glyph-name = #"!"
}

customtime =
#(define-music-function
     (parser location frac) (fraction?)
   #{
       \once \override Score.BarLine #'glyph-name = #"|"
       \time #frac
   #})

{ % example
  a a a a