Cross staff beams with subdivision

From: Helge Kruse
Subject: Cross staff beams with subdivision
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 17:25:15 +0100

Hello,

I want to typeset a score similar as the original. On the harp notes I find sometimes Z-beams that have subdivsions. I managed to mimic this for the first measure but failed for the second.

How can I connect the low and upper staffs beams?
How can I extend the distance between the staffs to make place for this beams construct?

Regards
Helge

\version "2.16.0"

upper = \relative c' {
  \key e \major \time 6/8
  s1 s1
}

lower = \relative c {
  \key e \major \time 6/8 \clef bass
  \set subdivideBeams=##t
  \set baseMoment = #(ly:make-moment 1 8)
  \set beatStructure = #'(2 2 2 2)
  r4 r8 \clef treble dis'32[^\p\( g ais cis
    \change Staff=upper  dis g ais cis dis8]\)
    \change Staff=lower \clef bass |
  r8 gis,,,,!32\( [ h dis gis! ]
    \change Staff=upper \stemDown \times 4/6 { h dis gis! h dis gis!\) } \stemNeutral
    \change Staff=lower r4 r8 \clef treble |
}

\score {
  \new PianoStaff <<
    \new Staff = "upper" \upper