Re: Partcombine erratic behaviour

From: Hilary Snaden
Subject: Re: Partcombine erratic behaviour
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 10:01:43 +0000

On 2013-01-10 16:02, Hilary Snaden wrote:
The flute staff switches to explicit voices after two bars,

That sounds like one of the two flutes has a spanner that is not
ended... Partcombine will only merge the voices, if there are either no
spanners (cresc./hairpin/text spanners/etc.) alive, or the two voices
have exactly the same spanners. If you end e.g. a text cresc spanner
slightly different, the voices will NOT be combined.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. The problem went away when I terminated an unterminated slur. Until now I've left faulty slurs until relatively late in the workflow, I should probably fix them earlier from now on.

--
Hilary