Re: Guide to Writing Orchestral Scores with Lilypond?????

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Guide to Writing Orchestral Scores with Lilypond?????
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 22:45:19 +0100

Am 10.01.2013 22:37, schrieb David Kastrup:
Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:
Do you think that's a realistic option?
Would lilypond documentation be 'open' enough to incorporate material
that might not be too tailored to the given structure or style?
Various parts of LilyPond's documentation have different styles.  I see
no problem whatsoever with providing a "user reports" manual where each
chapter has the personal style of its author.

The long-term problem is maintenance: preserving consistency of style
while the content wants to be changed along with changes of LilyPond
itself.  Of course it will help when the original author continues to
feel responsible for keeping his report matched to current LilyPond
versions.

So what would be needed from our part (just started to skim through the Texinfo manual)? If we would write the sources for our tutorials as Texinfo documents we could then suggest to add any of them to Lily docs (if we find it appropriate)? Or would they have to adhere to some more (technical) restrictions?