Re: Going back in MIDI time error: disappeared?

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Going back in MIDI time error: disappeared?
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2013 17:34:45 +0100

Il 06/01/2013 17:07, Trevor Daniels ha scritto:

Federico, you wrote Sunday, January 06, 2013 3:28 PM
Subject: Going back in MIDI time error: disappeared?

NR 1.2.6, Grace notes, section Known problems:

"""
Each grace note in MIDI output has a length of 1/4 of its actual
duration. If the combined length of the grace notes is greater than the
length of the preceding note a “Going back in MIDI time” error will be
generated. Either make the grace notes shorter in duration, for example:

\acciaccatura { c'8[ d' e' f' g'] }
becomes:

\acciaccatura { c'16[ d' e' f' g'] }
"""

I'm trying to reproduce such an error, just to check if I've understood
it correctly, but I can't.
The combined length of grace notes, in first example, is 5/8. So if I
put a shorter note before the grace expression I should produce an error?

\version "2.17.10"

{
   c'16
   \acciaccatura { c'8[ d' e' f' g'] }
}

It's not working.
I think I'm totally missing the point.

Did you include a \midi {} to cause MIDI output to be generated?

Ooops, I'm an idiot! Yes, that's the reason.

Anyway, using a note before the \acciaccatura block in the example would make it more clear?

\version "2.17.10"

\score {
  {
    c'8
    \acciaccatura { c'8[ d' e' f' g'] }
  }
  \layout{}
  \midi{}
}

The error is triggered also if there isn't any note before the grace notes (for sure they are greater than zero), but the change to 16th note doesn't make sense without specifying the preceding note.

I'm CCing the bug list.

Finally, can you confirm that the string "Going back in MIDI time" is not present in the .pot file? Why?
I'm searching the hard way:
grep out/* -r -e "Going back in MIDI time"

it's taking a lot of time, but it found just .log files so far...

Thanks
--
Federico