Re: Problem with scaled durations

From: Marek Klein
Subject: Re: Problem with scaled durations
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 23:51:34 +0100

Hello,

2013/1/4 Colin Hall <address@hidden>
Oscar has run into a known issue with the limited precision of
Rational in Lilypond.

Although David is correct that this issue can crop up in many places
it makes sense to follow Trevor's suggestion and warn future users who
may end up with the same issue encountered by Oscar.

Also, we need a tracker to have the C++ rational replaced with a
Scheme implementation with unlimited precision. I had a look on the
tracker:

http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/list?can=2&q=rational

There does not seem to be an existing issue tracker for this.

So, I suggest a tracker for the documentation enhancement, and another
to capture the idea of replacing the existing C++ rational
implementation with an arbitrary precision implementation. That second
tracker may trigger a debate about performance but I'd prefer that
took place on the tracker rather than here on the bug list.

Here are the issues:

Marek
bug squad member