Re: header on every page but the first one

From: Matthew Collett
Subject: Re: header on every page but the first one
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 22:11:50 +1300

On 3/01/2013, at 3:19 am, christian bos wrote:

> How can I add a header on every page (centred) but not on the first page.
> Also, how can I referr to the title set in the \header?

I often use:

\paper {
  oddHeaderMarkup = \markup \fill-line {
    " "
    \on-the-fly #not-first-page \fromproperty #'header:runningTitle
    \on-the-fly #print-page-number-check-first \fromproperty
#'page:page-number-string
  }
  evenHeaderMarkup = \markup \fill-line {
    \on-the-fly #print-page-number-check-first \fromproperty
#'page:page-number-string
    \on-the-fly #not-first-page \fromproperty #'header:runningTitle
    " "

then have in the header block something like:

runningTitle = \markup{ A.Composer: \italic {A Short Title} }

If you just want to reuse the title as is, then replace 'header:runningTitle'
with 'header:title' in the paper block.

Best wishes,
Matthew