Re: Staff Spacing on Big Score

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Staff Spacing on Big Score
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2013 19:25:33 +0100

Kyle Shaw <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello All:
>
> Working on a 11x17 Wind Ensemble piece, the conductor has requested
> that each of the 31 staves on each system be forced to appear in
> exactly the same vertical position on each page so that he can read
> straight across any 2 open pages.
> I've abbreviated the .ly file I've been working from below:
>
> #(set-global-staff-size 12)
> \paper{
> top-margin = 1\cm
> bottom-margin = 1\cm
> left-margin = 3\cm
> right-margin = 2\cm
> ragged-last-bottom = ##f

I'd set both ragged-last-bottom as well as ragged-bottom to ##t (!)
since you don't want to give LilyPond the impression that it should
ignore your system distance specifications in order to make the material
reach bottom always given varying material (and in particular varying
last lines).

--
David Kastrup