Two problems with Rests

From: Alberto Simões
Subject: Two problems with Rests
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2013 22:04:27 +0000

Hey, Friends

First of all, Good New Year!!

Second, I am having two different problems with rests.

1) rests1.gif shows some examples of:

    f4 ~ f8[ r16 f]

but the rest is over the beam. If you notice at the left, the other is uglier. What is the best approach to fix this?

2) rests2.gif shows a quarter (?? r8) rest that is being placed somewhere in the middle on a piano staff. Is is generated by the upper voice of the top score, with

  ~ g4 \oneVoice r8 \voiceOne g8 | c2

the idea was to get a centered rest in the staff.
I did this before in other situations, now sure what is wrong this time.

Thank you,
Alberto