Re: Objects as links

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Objects as links
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 10:21:00 +0100

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

> 2012/12/30 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
>> Richard Shann <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> I too am very interested in adding links to objects, but when I paste
>>> your example into lilypond version 2.16.0 I get syntax errors - is it
>>> specific to 2.17.9?
>>
>> Yes.  That's one rather prominent extension of 2.17 (the previous syntax
>> will still work for the most important commands, but it is rather
>> surprising how fast the power users are forgetting its details, strongly
>> suggesting that the previous syntax was too complex for infrequent
>> users).
>
> Well, I didn't _forget_ it, but I thought it might be a good idea to
> offer the new syntax-possibilities to a wider public.

I was not actually talking about you here.  We already had a variety of
power users including myself offering examples in "old syntax" on
various occasions that were not, actually, quite correct.

Considering that I/we have worked for years with this syntax, it is
actually embarrassing.

> Therefore I indicated my suggestion with \version "2.17.9"
>
> Perhaps i was wrong. Will use the old syntax in future.

I don't have all that good of a migration plan, considering all the
hassles we are having with moving to 2.16 already.

--
David Kastrup