Re: Writing a converter

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Writing a converter
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 17:48:48 +0100

On 28 December 2012 17:36, Noeck <address@hidden> wrote:
> For the purpose you mentioned, I would not use such a script but common
> LilyPond functionality like variables. If you use ( ) for melismata, the
> slurs are not shown in the KievanVoice but in the Voice context, like
> you want it to be.
>
>   music = { … } % with ( ) for melismata.
>
> and then
>   \new KievanVoice \music
> and alternatively:
>   \new Voice \transpose c d \music

I agree, I think it should be doable using LilyPond.
Actually for the replacement of melismata by slurs, this can be done
IMHO simply by keeping your \melisma and \melismaEnd commands in your
"music" variable, but using

  \set melismaBusyProperties = #'(slurMelismaBusy)

in the normal Voice.

Cheers,
Xavier

--