Documentation (was Re: Resolving "cannot resolve rest collision: rest di

From: Noeck
Subject: Documentation (was Re: Resolving "cannot resolve rest collision: rest direction notset"warnings)
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 01:24:19 +0100

Hi Arle,

I can understand your difficulties with the documentation.

Some propositions how to make it easier:

1.) A "visual index":
I am currently working on an example staff where the objects are
labelled and if you click on an object it points you to the
corresponding documentation. I don't know if that will work out
properly, but I plan to spend some time over Christmas to see how I can
do it.
This is intended for users that do not know how an object could be
called and therefore can not search for it. (As a very easy example: "I
want to change that 'C' in the beginning." It could point to \time and
to TimeSignature for tweaking). This also could save passing by the
glossary for each search term for people that are not so firm in English.
It could be an alternative approach and I know that I can't address
every section of the docs like that.

Cheers,
Joram