Re: Aligning multiple verses to alternative notes in the melody

From: Frederick Bartlett
Subject: Re: Aligning multiple verses to alternative notes in the melody
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 10:37:31 -0500

Phil,

Thanks -- I guess I could, but that's a bit kludgey* as well. Since I don't want stems in both directions for those notes which don't change, I'd have to use

    \new Voice = "Lower"  {
      s4  s4  \voiceTwo  a'8 a'8 \voiceOne a'4
      a'4 \voiceTwo a'8 a'8 \voiceOne a'4 a'4
    }

which works, but emits warnings for every note with identical stems in each voice: "warning: ignoring too many clashing note columns".

It does look OK, though ... and I can ignore the warnings. I hope.

Thanks again,
Fred

*kludgey, thy name is lilypond