Best practices in lyric typesetting

From: address@hidden
Subject: Best practices in lyric typesetting
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 10:04:15 +0100

Hey all,

Putting aside the impossibility of the attached exercise, you'll see that the
lyrics stay shifted way down for the part of the attached example that moves to
D major.

I can't imagine that anyone sightreading this would want to see the lyrics
shifted down that much after the key change.  Is there a way to signal to the
VerticalAxisGroup clumping Lyrics together that it should start a new vertical
alignment section?  I can likely accomplish the same thing with \new Lyrics as
well, but it'd be strange in the way I'm structuring the document.

Unless that type of thing appears heretic, in which case I'll just leave the
lyrics as they are.

Cheers,
MS