Re: produce midi drums but hide staff

From: Nathan
Subject: Re: produce midi drums but hide staff
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 21:32:30 -0800

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 8:07 PM, vector <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi there,
> Im getting the hang of this even tho it might not look it ;) thanks for all
> your inputs.
>
> I wanted to add a simple drumbeat to the previous script and produce a basic
> chord and drums midi.
> so far I have this working.
> But I want to remove the drums completely from the pdf output. ie just show
> chord progression only.

Do you want to do this temporarily for debugging purposes? If so, you
can use block comments.

%{
\new DrumStaff <<
       \stopStaff
       \hideNotes
       \new DrumVoice {\voiceOne \up}
       \new DrumVoice { \voiceTwo \down }

%}

> but
> \new DrumStaff <<
>       \stopStaff
>       \hideNotes
>       \new DrumVoice {\voiceOne \up}
>       \new DrumVoice { \voiceTwo \down }
>    >>
> did just that, it hid the staff but the notes are left floating. hideNotes
> had no effect :(
> maybe its in the wrong place?

Angle brackets << >> indicate simultaneous music, while curly brackets
{ } indicate sequential music. To make the DrumVoices come after the
\stopStaff and \hideNotes, use curly brackets:

\new DrumStaff {
  \stopStaff
  \hideNotes
  <<