Re: Lilypond-book does not run

From: Chris
Subject: Re: Lilypond-book does not run
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 21:19:49 +0000 (UTC)

> >I switched to Windows 8 and

> > installed the actual stable lilypond Version (2.16.1). An actual MikTeX

> > Installation did run (pdfLaTeX works).

> > Lilypond.exe runs well, lilypond-book does not run correctly.

> > To have a simple test I used the example of the documentation

> > (http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16.1/Documentation/usage/an-example-of-a-

> > musicological-document.html) and even simplified it.

Content of the file test3.lytex

\documentclass[a4paper]{article}

\begin{document}

Document for Test

\begin{lilypond}

\relative c' {

  c2 e2 \times 2/3 { f8 a b } a2 e4

}

\end{lilypond}

Options are put in brackets.

\end{document}

The process:

Start a cmd

Run the command: "C:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\bin\lilypond-book.py"

                  --output=out --pdf --verbose test3.lytex

Result:

The same Information as with the Option --help followed by

Traceback (most recent call lat):

File "C:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\bin\lilypond-book.py", line 766, in ?

  main ()

File "C:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\bin\lilypond-book.py", line 689, in main

  files = do_options ()

File "C:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\bin\lilypond-book.py", line 681, in do opt

ions

    exit (2)

File "C:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\bin\lilypond-book.py", line 114, in Exit

Excetion: Exiting (2)...

without the "--verbose" I get only the help information

The Directory "out" is existing as a subdirectory