Re: first-time user, a couple of questions

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: first-time user, a couple of questions
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 11:07:35 +0100

Xavier Noria <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi! This is the first time I use LilyPond, thanks for the software and
> the documentation, they are really good!
>
> I have transcribed a song by Stevie Wonder:
>
>     https://github.com/fxn/scores/blob/master/stevie-wonder/you-and-i.ly

Here likely the Github usage conditions apply:

    A8: You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized
    purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws
    in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright or
    trademark laws).

Without an authorization by Stevie Wonder, publishing a version of his
work on GitHub is not allowed in most countries of the world, so you
should likely make this part of your repository private.

For the purpose of discussing LilyPond examples, try using random notes
or non-copyrighted material (18th century or so).  That will mean
additional work for adapting your examples and incorporating the
replies, but that are the conditions one has to work under these times.

--
David Kastrup