Re: review of a Mutopia file (why TabStaff gives error here?)

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: review of a Mutopia file (why TabStaff gives error here?)
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 09:19:20 +0100

Il 24/11/2012 03:34, Keith OHara ha scritto:
You might not have seen that Nick posted a much nicer formatting for
barre indications.
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2012-11/msg00570.html>
It avoids taking apart LilyPond's internal data structures, which makes
it better for mutopiaproject.

You can adjust Nick's function to use it as \barre 3 { %{ music %} } and
have it set minimumFret=3 so you don't need so many string number
entries.  Scheme can convert to Roman numerals.
barre = #(define-music-function (parser location
     strg music) (number? ly:music?)
     #{
       \set TabStaff.minimumFret = $strg
       \set TabStaff.restrainOpenStrings = ##t
       \once\override TextSpanner #'(bound-details left text)
             = #(format #f "B address@hidden" strg)
        %{ ... Nick's other style settings ...%}
<>\startTextSpan
       $music
<>\stopTextSpan
       \unset TabStaff.minimumFret
       \unset TabStaff.restrainOpenStrings
     #})

I've just realized that there's a problem in this command.
I want to comment the TabStaff part of \score, so classical players can enjoy a clean score while those who can't sight-read music can activate the tablature.

But if you comment TabStaff the score breaks: a lot of tab staves are printed,
I see that it's because of the \set TabStaff in the barre command above.
What do you recommend?

Thanks
--
Federico