Re: Simple hymn question

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Simple hymn question
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 11:36:57 -0000

Arle Lommel wrote Sunday, November 18, 2012 9:42 AM

> I've got what should be a simple question, but one which is giving me no end
> of trouble. I'm attempting to set a carol for homophonic choir, so I do *not*
> need independent voices, but I do need the lyrics between the staves.

The examples in
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/learning/vocal-ensembles should
help.

You need to either

a) place the Lyrics contexts between the Staff contexts and add a \context
block at the end to contain the \lyricsto, or

b) name the top Staff and add \with { alignBelowContext ... } to the Lyrics
contexts.

Both of these are shown in the example templates.

Trevor