Re: Accidental style like dodecaphonic, but not quite the same

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Accidental style like dodecaphonic, but not quite the same
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 15:57:48 +0100

Am 12.11.2012 19:16, schrieb Rutger Hofman:
Hello list,

I am typesetting a piece by Alban Berg. Its accidental style is like Lilypond's dodecaphonic (explicit accidental for each note), but it differs in that immediately repeated notes within a bar don't get an accidental. How can I make an accidental style that does exactly this?

And related: is there a way to remove one note's explicit accidental even when a style prescribes it?
I have a helper function in my 'toolbox' that will help you:
suppressAccidental = {
 \once \override Accidental #'stencil = ##f
}

Of course you can simply use the second line, without the surrounding variable definition.

HTH
Urs

Thanks,

Rutger Hofman