Re: Aleatoric / modern notation

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Aleatoric / modern notation
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 21:20:27 -0600

Hi Ben,

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 9:00 PM, SoundsFromSound
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> I'm a little confused.  What problems was David talking about, I didn't
> follow.  So we shouldn't use this boxed notation approach, or we should but
> with caveats?

As I understand it, the issue is that the file changes the internals,
so there is a bleed-over between files processed together on the
command line (as the example I just provided demonstrates).

My take is that you could use it with caveats.   You could use it only
when processing files singly, or in batches (but check if there is
anything unexpected in output).

-David