Re: Aleatoric / modern notation

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: Aleatoric / modern notation
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 19:00:40 -0800 (PST)

Hi David,

I'm a little confused.  What problems was David talking about, I didn't
follow.  So we shouldn't use this boxed notation approach, or we should but
with caveats?

Thanks,
Ben

> That regression test tampered with internals of LilyPond in a manner
> that broke session integrity (any changes propagated to further files
> processed on the command line).  It likely still does.  The internals
> changed in the mean time.
>
> It was probably a mistake to ever include this regtest.  It just gives
> people bad ideas.
>
> --
> David Kastrup

It is possible to get this working with 2.16 on up.  You just need to
rewrite a few things after the changes done to the regression test on
which the file is based.

I'm attaching a revision of the file which won't raise the errors you
saw, but it is not a solution to the problems that David Kastrup
mentions.

Best,
David N.

frameEngraver4.ly (13K)