Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 120, Issue 36

From: soundsfromsound
Subject: Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 120, Issue 36
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 00:04:20 -0800 (PST)

Marc:

One more thing too:

Why is it that his recent emails pertaining to my lack of quotings show up
as "Re:" yet appear to be a "new" thread, like a standalone thread with no
replies?  How'd that happen?  Just curious.  That's confusing - I don't
quite understand the hierarchy here it seems I need a refresher please.  :)

See attached image.

forum_question.jpg
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n136062/forum_question.jpg>

Thanks,
Ben

Marc Hohl wrote
> Am 09.11.2012 03:56, schrieb soundsfromsound:
>> I replied to this:
>>
>> Optional-args-in-event-function-not-working-with-2-17-6-td136044.html#a136046
>> &lt;http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Optional-args-in-event-function-not-working-with-2-17-6-td136044.html#a136046&gt;
> Well, I think he[*] tried to convice you that quoting the original
> message is
> not the baddest thing on the list ... I quoted your message, but since you
> answered to Partick Karl *without* quoting him, nobody reading this mail
> knows who he[*] is, so this message is pretty useless without switching
> fort
> and back in the thread.
>
> So please, if you reply, leave at least the essential parts of the
> message you
> are referring to in your answer.
>
> ;-)
>
> Regards,