Re: Well there be improvements to Gregorian Chant?

From: wjm
Subject: Re: Well there be improvements to Gregorian Chant?
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2012 12:10:45 +1300

HI keith,
You wrote:-
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Now I just have to conquer where to but the \relative c' statement so that it applies to the entire voice.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is how I would set it out.
Note the use of 'variables' to store the music and words and how they are used in the 'score' block.
I think that this way of doing things makes life a little easier! :)
NB where the 'relative' statement is placed, and that all of the " ' " are removed from the body of the music. :)

\version "2.16.0"

\include "gregorian.ly"

music = \relative c'
{
e e \[ d\melisma\flexa c\melismaEnd \] d e f d d \divisioMinima
d d f e c d f \augmentum e \divisioMaior
}

words = \lyricmode
{
O Christ who art the Light and Day, thou driv -- est dark -- some night a -- way!
}

\score {
 <<
    \new VaticanaStaff
    \new VaticanaVoice = "Hymn40" { \music }
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "Hymn40" { \words }

 \layout {   }
}

Hope this helps
Regards