Re: custom voiceStyle

From: Gagi Petrovic
Subject: Re: custom voiceStyle
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 10:19:09 +0100

Ofcourse, thank you David. Changed my template to Voice instead of Staff and everything works like a charm!

Thanks for all the help and kind regards, Gagi

On 27 October 2012 10:55, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
Gagi Petrovic <address@hidden> writes:

> Allright, so the problem seems to be something else. When i use your
> exact code it does work (see directMacro.png). But i'd like to use it
> via my "template.ly" file which is in the
> "/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/ly"
> directory. So i could do something like
>
> \version "2.14.2"
> \include "template.ly"
>
> \new Staff {
> \relative c'' {
> <<
> \new Voice {\voiceOne d2~\( d8[es] as16[f g8]\) }
> \new Voice {\voiceTwo \diamond d2~ d2 }
>>> \oneVoice
> }
> }
>
> and then somehow i get the result you see in templateMacro.png..
> my "template.ly" consists of
>
> cross = \override Staff.NoteHead #'style = #'cross
> xcircle = \override Staff.NoteHead #'style = #'xcircle
> diamond = \override Staff.NoteHead #'style = #'diamond
> triangle = \override Staff.NoteHead #'style = #'triangle
> mensural = \override Staff.NoteHead #'style = #'mensural
> notehead = \override Staff.NoteHead #'style = #'default
>
> among other things. This always works perfectly, but not when i am
> using multiple voices in one staff.
>
> Any ideas of what the problem could be are appreciated greatly. Thank
> you and kind regards, Gagi

If you are overriding Staff.NoteHead, it should not come as much of a
surprise that as a result all noteheads in a Staff as opposed to just
the noteheads in a Voice are getting changed.

--
David Kastrup